Bottle of Yogurt Explodes, 58-Year-Old Man May Suffer Loss of Eyesight

yogurt explodes

You thought you were safe, and doing something good for your body, but then… you opened that confounded yogurt drink.

A 58-year-old man in China was opening a bottle of yogurt when he heard a hissing noise that sounded like escaping gas. Though he tried to move outside, realizing that a non-carbonated drink probably shouldn’t be hissing at him, he didn’t make it in time. The yogurt drink exploded, its contents hitting the man in the eye.

A black eye from a yogurt drink is one thing, but the poor guy ended up suffering from internal bleeding: his face swelled up and he ended up in the hospital. Although doctors took extra precaution to make sure he didn’t go blind from the incident, he may have lost part of his vision.

In consolation, the drink maker offered the man 10 boxes of the yogurt beverage, apologizing profusely. Needless to say, he passed on the offer.

H/T + PicThx Rocket News

By Nora Landis-Shack

Nora Landis-Shack was born to be a foodie. With a classically trained French chef for a father, she’s been exploring new tastes since she was big enough to help chop vegetables for dinner. Pig’s feet, frog’s legs, and tripe are delicious child’s play. Which isn’t to say she doesn’t love a great steak. Because she does. With frites, please.

1 reply on “Bottle of Yogurt Explodes, 58-Year-Old Man May Suffer Loss of Eyesight”

Leave a Reply