Wienerschnitzel, the famous hot dog chain with the mascot that looks like he’s always running from the cops, just released five new chili dogs that go beyond the typical toppings you’re used to.
The newest additions to the chili dog roster are the Buffalo Bacon Chili Cheese Dog, Triple Cheese Double Bacon Chili Dog, Bacon Ranch Chili Cheese Dog, Loaded Bacon Street Chili Cheese Dog, and The Works Chili Cheese Dog.
- The Buffalo Bacon Chili Cheese Dog is almost like a chicken wing hot dog. It’s covered with chopped bacon, sport peppers and Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce.
- The Triple Cheese Double Bacon Chili Dog is topped with three cheese slices and twice as much bacon as any of their other dogs.
- The Bacon Ranch Chili Cheese Dog comes with pieces of chopped bacon and is covered in creamy ranch dressing.
- The Works Chili Cheese Dog isn’t the craziest of the bunch, but it works. It comes with mustard, sliced tomato and a pickle spear.
- The Loaded Bacon Street Chili Cheese Dog has the essence of a good ol’ street dog. It has chopped bacon, mustard, ketchup, mayo, and grilled onions.
Along with the release of their new chili monsters, Wienerschnitzel is celebrating its 54th anniversary Sunday, July 19, by selling their original chili dog, mustard dog and kraut dog for 99 cents.
With it being National Hot Dog Month, it looks like the schnitzel is trying to fill you with as many wieners as you can handle.
In case you want an intimate look at some of the new chili dogs, take a peek below:
The Loaded Bacon Street Chili Cheese Dog
The Works Chili Cheese Dog
The Bacon Ranch Chili Cheese Dog
This is what it looks like when you eat one of their new dogs — Probably.
Photos by Peter Pham