Beer for breakfast? Obviously. Beer in our waffles? Now that’s an idea.
This PBR Waffle recipe comes from Nick over at Macheesmo. While the term is usually associated with an inordinate amount of masculinity, Nick is redefining Macheesmo to “simply [mean] having confidence in the kitchen.” For those who hesitate at the sight of a spatula, he assures that Macheesmo is something that everyone can learn.
Yes, Nick’s PBR Waffles require you to pour an entire can of PBR into a bowl of flour. He warns some snarky observers may comment that your kitchen smells like a “frat house,” yet promises the outcome is well worth it.
Peep the full recipe below.
Yield: 6 waffles
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (12 ounce can) Pabst Blue Ribbon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
1) Stir together flour with baking powder and salt.
2) Stir in beer. Then stir in milk, eggs, honey, vanilla, and melted butter. Let batter sit for a few minutes.
3) Pour batter into hot waffle maker and cook according to instructions.
4) Repeat until waffles are done. Top with berries and whipped cream. Serve with butter and maple syrup.