Aren’t you jealous of the guys over at the Foodbeast HQ? You should be. They get to try out all kinds of awesome up-and-coming food products way before you or me: Honey BBQ Cheese Puffs, Triple Double Oreo cookies, Fiery Fusion Doritos AND Cheetos!
In the meantime, I get to read about how great these things taste and then twiddle my thumbs for a month or so. But I am twiddling no more: the grocery finally started carrying Triple Double Oreo cookies!
And since I can’t let anything just be itself, I turned the first package I purchased (sans one for a taste test) into truffles.
Triple Double Truffles
– 1pkg Triple Double Oreo Cookies (if one or two fall out of the bag and into your mouth, I won’t tell)
– 8oz cream cheese, softened
– white chocolate baking bark
1. Crush the entire package of Oreos in the food processor.
2. Add in the cream cheese and blend until fully combined.
3. Scoop into balls (I used 2t of goo per ball) and chill in the fridge.
4. Melt baking bark, coat truffles and let set in the freezer.
As you can see from the image, I used both regular chocolate and white chocolate bark. However, the consensus was that white chocolate was definitely the way to go.
The chocolate creme and the extra cookie in the middle increased the chocolately-ness of the truffle significantly when compared to a regular Oreo truffle. If you were wondering if that’s a good thing, yes, yes it is. These were definitely worth the wait.