News Packaged Food

Church Youth Group Finds A Snake’s Head In A Can Of Green Beans

Someone at that church must be doing something really immoral because I honestly don’t think there’s a more ominous sign of impending doom and the rapture than the severed head of Satan’s #1 ride-or-die animal minion.

According to a report by KSL TV, the church women’s youth group was putting on a banquet for the elderly folks of their community when the can with Kaa’s head showed up. Youth group leader Troy Walker was the one who found the head in the can, although she was unsure of the foreign material at first.

“It looked pretty much like a burnt bean. And then as I got closer to lift it off the spoon, I saw eyes.… That’s when I just dropped it and screamed,” says Walker. Of course she dropped it and screamed, anyone with a rational fear of finding dead animals in your non-animal food would have reacted that way.

Western Family, the company that canned the beans, has already recalled the entire batch in order to find the source of the issue and fix it before it causes any more damage to the company, both in image and profitability.

Let’s just hope they got all the cans back before somebody ends up finding Nagini’s ass.



Photo Credit: Whisper, KSL TV, Consumerist


Glowing Blue Meat, Snakes Under A Fridge And The 6 Craziest Food Stories [THE KATCHUP]

It’s been a crazy week in the world of food news. If you’ve been swamped with work or personal problems and haven’t had a chance to keep updated on what’s delicious, what’s dirty, and what’s trending right now, the Foodbeast Weekly Katchup might just be your new best friend.

We’ve definitely got some pretty tasty, weird and terrifying headlines this week.

Check out our Katchup in the video above. We’re still cringing from that snake story.

1. Mozzarella Marinara Shot Glasses


A new player in the world of cheesy food creations has entered the game. Through The Eyes Of My Belly created a deep-fried mozzarella SHOT GLASS that she fills marinara sauce. We definitely wouldn’t mind pounding a few of these.

2. Snake Under The Fridge


An Australian woman woke up one morning to discovered there was a giant brown snake under her refrigerator. Even worse, it had laid 14 EGGS. So it looks like we’re going to be cautiously afraid of refrigerators for the rest of our lives.

3. Starbucks Barista Stealing A CC


A video recently went viral showing a woman driving up to a Starbucks drive-thru window explaining that she had her credit card information stolen and that a barista at a Starbucks she visited was behind the theft.

The video shows the angry mother confronting the 19-year-old girl over the theft.

4. IHOP Journey AYCE Pancakes


When one of our writers, Sean Fahmy, said he could demolish his fair share of pancakes, we told him to put his money where his mouth was. Boy, did he.

Sean hit up the local IHOP and attempted to break the restaurant’s all-you-can-eat pancake record. What happened next was a morning filled with four different kinds of syrup, sticky laptops, and a massive sugar coma.

5. Glowing Meat From China


A man in China bought himself 92 pounds of pork. After seasoning it and leaving it overnight in a bucket, he came back and found that the meat started to GLOW BLUE.

What crazy thing could cause every-day pork to turn such a luminous color?

6. Cheetos Pipe


Honorary Foodbeast Tym Bussinach, known for his Breakfast Sushi, and more recently the White Castle Pizza, decided to turn a Cheetos puff into a pipe. Probably his simplest recipe yet. All you really need are three ingredients.


Hissy Customer at Tim Hortons Mad About Onions, Throws Snake for Emphasis


Everyone has faced disappointment when it comes to fast food at some point. They can either cause a scene, complain to management or simply get over it. One customer decided to go with the lesser known fourth option: snake throwing.

An argument over diced onions at a Saskatoon Tim Hortons led to a shouting match between two customers and an employee. In the heat of the argument, one of the arguing customers decided it was a good idea to escalate the matter by reaching into his friend’s coat and pulling out a live snake.

He then chucked it over the counter at the Tim Hortons worker.

Now if you throw a snake in a restaurant, even a harmless one like a garter snake, you’re probably going to upset some folks. Amongst the screams of Tim Hortons patrons, the police were called to take the two suspects into custody and catch the snake.

They are both facing charges of causing a disturbance and mischief.

There have been no reports of injury and the garter snake is currently in a temporary home. It will be released back into the Canadian wilds.

h/t CBC

Fast Food

Suprised Burger King Patrons Find Boa Constrictor on Menu, Literally


Customers at an Illinois Burger King were surprised to discover that the fast food restaurant now had a Boa Constrictor on the menu. Literally. Burger enthusiasts at the drive-thru noticed the snake chilling nearby and reported it to the assistant store manager. Believing it was nothing more than a tiny garden snake, she was surprised to find the six-foot constrictor.

Animal Control was contacted immediately to come and retrieve the reptile. Since the local authorities weren’t equipped to house such an exotic animal, however, the snake was taken to the local aquarium and reptile store. Consumerist reports that since the snake was friendly and cause no trouble or harm, it was more than likely a household pet.

No word yet on whether someone claimed the snake, but it’s probably safe to say it won’t be returning to the BK Lounge any time soon. Well, unless it’s for the Chicken Fries.

H/T Consumerist


Cobra Head Bites and Kills Chef Even After Being Decapitated


A chef died after being bitten by the decapitated head of an Indochinese Spitting Cobra. The Mail Online reports that Peng Fan was cleaning out the cooking area of his restaurant in the Guandong Province of China. The restaurant serves the cobra as a delicacy in one of their soups. Fan was in the middle of throwing out the severed head of the snake into the trash receptacle when it bit down on his hand. The snake’s head had already been severed for twenty minutes by then.

At the time, the restaurant did not carry any anti-venom for the cobra dishes they prepare. Fan died of from asphyxiation due to the neurotoxin from the bite before any medical help could arrive. While strange, it’s very much possible for a cobra to retain it’s motor functions even several moments after decapitation. It’s advised when handling dead cobras to either bury or burn the heads immediately to prevent them from biting you.

The spitting cobra was believed to provide health benefits for anyone who consumes it.

H/T Rocket News 24