Fans of Lucky Charms, did you know that you could purchase an entire bag of the marshmallows sans-cereal? Well, you can, and boy, do we feel bad for that poor bloke whose job it is to separate the oats from the clovers and rainbows. Oh, and while we’re on the subject, how well you really know your favorite bowl of breakfast munchies? Sure, you’ve gotten fond of them over time, but they’ve never introduced you to their parents, or heck, even told you where they’re from.
It’s all a bit… suspicious. Isn’t it?
Check out the quick breakdown below, then watch the video!
1. Rice Krispie’s famed “Snap! Crackle! Pop!” tagline changes depending on the language
2. In 1947, Kix Cereal ran a promotion that exchanged a box top for an atomic bomb ring.
3. The first manufactured cereal was Granula, but it never gained popularity since the bran nuggets were so tough you had to soak them overnight before they were even edible.
4. While in prison, Saddam Hussein’s favorite cereal was Raisin Bran Crunch. Best promo ever.
5. Bags of just Lucky Charms marshmallows exist. Pretty mad we didn’t know this ’til now.