It’s pretty amazing what can be accomplished with popcorn and marshmallows. But, low key, how come no one ever complained about how hard MARSHMALLOW is to spell?
For real, it’s like there HAS to be an “E” within the second part of that word. Like mellow, because marshmallows are super mellow, fluffy balls of sugar that are super fun to eat.
Anyways, we’re here to learn how make 2018’s greatest accomplishment in food — the Movie Night Sundae Popcorn Bowl. It’s a giant bowl made of popcorn that holds a mountain of snacks, and you should make it as soon as you possibly can.
What’s dope about the Movie Night Sundae Popcorn Bowl is that you get to incorporate the best parts about movies — the snacks, obvi — into one handcrafted edible masterpiece! You can load this bowl with just about everything you want and still have room for more.
A little sweet, a little salty, throw in some chocolate and it’s basically like you’re at a 5:00pm showing…except you’re at home in your PJs and nobody’s coughing on you or texting. With that said, it wouldn’t be a sundae without ice cream, and since ENLIGHTENED just released a new line-up of flavors, including the popular Movie Night flavor, we definitely had some inspiration.
So grab some friends, and get cooking. It’s almost showtime. Check out the ENLIGHTENED x Foodbeast recipe below!
2 bags movie theater popcorn, popped
2 large bags marshmallows
1 stick butter
3 pints ENLIGHTENED Movie Night ice cream
Large pot/pan to melt marshmallows
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large pan on low heat, melt butter.
3. Once butter is melted, add marshmallows. Cook until fully melted.
4. Add popcorn to pan gradually and stir to combine.
5. Transfer popcorn mixture to baking sheet. Using a rolling pin or bottle, flatten out the mixture so it’s around ½ inch thick.
6. Grease a large bowl.
7. Flip bowl over. Once popcorn mixture is rolled out, mold it to the bottom of the bowl.
8. Let cool for 30 min – 1 hour or until the mixture has hardened.
9. Remove popcorn mixture from the bowl. It should be structurally sound enough to stand on its own.
10. Fill with scoops of your favorite ENLIGHTENED ice cream, top with your favorite Movie Theater snacks, and enjoy!
Photos by Pete Pham
Created in partnership with ENLIGHTENED Ice Cream