A recent practice in China encourages consuming raw aloe vera for a multitude of health benefits. These include aiding in digestion, immune boost, soothing irritations, and providing antioxidants.
One wellness vlogger did a livestream where she ate, what she thought was raw aloe vera on camera. Unfortunately, she grabbed the wrong plant.
Mashable reports the 26-year-old woman actually bit into Agave americana, a poisonous plant that can cause your throat to burn and swell up. At first everything seemed to go well during the woman’s vlog, until she noticed the plant tasted bitter. Fortunately, she caught the mistake almost immediately and went to the hospital before the toxic plant could do more damage.
Now we’re not ones to judge about eating things we don’t know much about on camera, but this was definitely a hard life lesson for the young health personality. Hopefully she’s more careful on her next livestream.