As Foodbeast reported last week, Nabisco finally got on board with the answer to “What makes everything better?” and recently released bacon-flavored Ritz crackers. While they are good in their own right, I too would have preferred there to be actual bacon in the cracker rather than just a bacon flavor. Luckily, I solved that this weekend by using Bacon Ritz as a base to a tasty, bacon-topped dish: Elvis crackers.
- Bacon Ritz Crackers
- peanut butter (about 1 teaspoon per cracker)
- banana (one slice per cracker)
- bacon bits (1/4 teaspoon per cracker)
- brown sugar (1/4 teaspoon per cracker)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread some peanut butter on each cracker
- Slice up your banana and press one slice into the peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with bacon bits.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Set oven to Broil-high and broil the cracker stacks until the sugar has caramelized, 2-3 minutes.
- Let cool and consume!
Who doesn’t love this combination of flavors? The cracker just gives you another venue on which to serve it, and another layer of flavor to enjoy. And enjoy it you will.