November 4th is the officially recognized National Candy Day holiday. What does that mean? It means it’s time to express your inner child. Time to live out all those fantasies of sweet, sugary comas we often used to put ourselves in. But that’s not enough now…is it?
No, it’s not. We’ve always been curious creatures…and our long nights in the office often result in some stupid ideas. The result? We’ve created an infographic highlighting the before-and-after looks of some the most popular candy…melted. Yes, we use the term “infographic” lightly here, but we did indeed learn a few things from the entire process:
- Peanut M&Ms don’t melt, apparently they’re meant to withstand some serious heat.
- Candy smells disgusting when heated.
- Heating up candy in your microwave will leave it smelling disgusting.
- Did we mention how incredibly TERRIBLE the heated candy smells?
- The least atrocious smelling candy we heated up were the candy canes.
- The Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups turned in to little cookies. We don’t recommend them.
- This was stupid, but under the rouse of an “art project,” the final products were visually provocative.
We enjoyed it, so you don’t have to: