Have you ever had a Mudslide from TGIFriday’s? It’s a chocolate-y, milkshake-y cocktail of vodka, Bailey’s, Kahlua, ice cream, and awesomeness.
Sometimes you might go to Friday’s just to get one, but let’s be honest, there are plenty of times you’ll be hard pressed to come in for a mere cocktail. For those times, I suggest snagging a bottle of TGIFriday’s Mudslide mix (just add ice…and lots of Hershey’s syrup) from your local package store. And, if you happen to have some left over, you get to make Mudslide Cookies!
I got the base recipe from How Sweet Eats and traded the Bailey’s in the original recipe for Mudslide mix. And I added a super important step: dunk the dough in more mudslide before you bake it!
makes 30-40 cookies
- 1c butter, softened
- 1 1/2c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1t vanilla
- 2 2/3c flour
- 1/2c cocoa powder
- 1 1/4t baking soda
- 1/4t salt
- 1t instant coffee powder
- 8T TGIFriday’s Mudslide mix, plus more for dippin’
- 1c white chocolate chips
- 1/2c milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and ready your cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Add in mudslide mix one tablespoon at a time.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, baking soda and salt.
- Mix flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 4-6 hours (or stick in the freezer for 1/3 of the time if you are in a rush).
- Roll into 1.5T balls, dip into mudslide liquid (I’m totally okay with you drinking the leftovers), and set on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes and let cool on tray for 2 minutes.
Oooooo boy, this is a good, chocolate-y cookie! The dunking of the dough was a superb idea, superb. It definitely made the cookies chewy and tasty. But watch out for the mudslide that slides off of the cookie and on to the tray. I tried some and managed to slice open the inside of my cheek on it. (I was disappointed, but I can’t say I was surprised).