It was Friday and we were wondering what tasty vodka-infused treats we could cook up for the occasion. We knew it had to be as epic as the Caramel Apple Jello Shots and of equal, if not a higher, ABV. Ahem.
After perusing recipes, we came across these ingenious Watermelon Jello Shots by Chicago Girl Fitness. They reminded us of childhood summers when we’d eat watermelons to the rind in the hot hot sun. Except, of course, these ones were much sweeter, given the extra component of… vodka.
So we added a bit of sugar to the original recipe and whipped up a few mini “watermelons” because hey, it was Friday and everyone loves dainty doses of inebriated goodness on Fridays.
Watermelon Jello Shots
- 1 Pack Strawberry Jell-O
- 2 Cups Vodka
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 1/2 C sugar
- Black Sesame Seeds
- 12 Limes
- Cut limes in half, from top to bottom. Scoop out lime innards. **This is a bit tricky, so we suggest loosening the edges with a knife first, then using a spoon as a lever to go underneath and pry everything out in one fell swoop.
- To separate them, place each hollowed-out lime in a muffin pan
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil, remove from heat. Add the packet of Jell-O and sugar, then the vodka. Stir until Jell-O mix is completely dissolved.
- Pour the liquid into the limes, filling them to the brim.
- Place them in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Slice the limes into wedges, then go ahead and smack on a few sesame seeds for full effect. Voilà!