It’s time to get nostalgic people. Think back to the days when your mom packed your lunch for school. You would beg her to buy you Hostess® Cupcakes, but she never would. Now you go to the grocery and stare longingly at those blue and white boxes, wishing you could have one. Well, guess what, you have a job and a credit card with your name on it, so you can run out to the store right now and buy as many boxes of those fabulous snack cakes as you want and eat them right up, or you could do this…
Hostess Cupcake Truffles
Oh, before we get into this, I had a question. I’m using cake and frosting, so are they technically cake balls? I didn’t really think it was fair to call them that as I am using a pre-made something, hence truffles. Your thoughts?
- 8 Hostess Cupcakes (I used chocolate but I bet the orange ones would be amazing)
- 4oz whipped WHITE frosting
- White chocolate baking bark
- Pulverize 4 cupcakes and 2oz of frosting in your food processor and scoop into balls using your 2t cookie scoop.
- Repeat (my food processor isn’t big enough to crumb all 8 at once, but yours may be).
- Stick truffles in fridge to set up a bit.
- Melt your baking bark, coat the truffles, and enjoy!
These were surprisingly light, and they definitely didn’t lose their trademark taste. I like that I could still see bits of the decorative frosting in the truffles.
Remember kids, while growing up means jobs and responsibilities, it also means being able to buy and consume as many sugar-filled things as your soon-to-be-jaded heart desires. And for those already jaded hearts, this recipe is a great way to impress your friends with a cake ball that’s a lie.