Whoever doesn’t like King’s Hawaiian Bread has got to be crazy. There would probably be a death match here at Foodbeast for that that last piece of sweet and fluffy stuff. King’s Hawaiian Bread is an obvious good pick for sweet dishes such as french toast or bread pudding, but have you ever thought about it in a savory dish? Here’s a recipe that we’ve never seen before, by King’s Hawaiian Bread and it’s a prefect dip for all that game-day tailgating coming up!
Turkey Taco Dip
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 (20 oz.) package ground turkey
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 loaves King’s Hawaiian Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- Place oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add turkey and cook until browned, stirring to break meat into small pieces.
- Stir in taco seasoning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place refried beans in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until heated through. Set aside.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the top half-inch off the King’s Original Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread. Remove the interior of the loaf leaving a thickness of one inch around the sides and bottom.
- Cut reserved bread and other loaf into 1-inch cubes and toast the cubes for dipping.
- Spoon refried beans into the bottom of the bread bowl.
- Sprinkle two-thirds of the cheese over beans.
- Spoon turkey mixture over cheese.
- Top with remaining cheese, sour cream, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Serve with round bread cubes and a spoon to help spread this hearty dip.