It’s National New England Clam Chowder Day, folks, which means if you live anywhere with normal. January. weather, it’s about time you changed your dinner plans. Unless you were planning on eating clam chowder to begin with, in which case, you probably already know what’s up.
For everyone else though, here’s some of the best parts about eating the creamiest, feel-good-iest, tragically-most-underappreciated-iest cold weather food, ever.
1. Not getting it served in a ceramic bowl:
Ceramic bowls are sad and cold and don’t do their due duty of serving as a dish and well, a dish, all at the same time.
Picthx Kellie’s Kitchen
2. Actually getting it in a bread bowl, complete with cutaway top for your dipping pleasure:
3. Letting chowder soak in and soften up the bread:
Picthx Mel’s Sweet Life
4. And then getting to eat the bread:
Picthx Trip Advisor
Picthx Serious Bread Serious Cheese
5. Don’t forget the toppings!
Like oyster crackers:
6. Or bacon bits:
Picthx Savoir Faire
7. Or croutons. Never forget the croutons:
Picthx What’s Gaby Cooking?
Picthx Stephanie Cooks
8. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you could even try it in an all-bacon bowl:
9. Or you could get it with popcorn:
10. Or try a clam chowder po-boy:
Picthx Simple Comfort Food
11. You could get it Asian-Style, with clam chowder udon or clam chowder “curry”:
Picthx Noodlecat via Foodbeast
12. And clam chowder poutine, anyone?
Picthx food network
13. Or you could always get it the old fashioned way:
Goodness knows it’s still better than the other alternative: