Our very sweet friend Steph from Steph’s Bite by Bite is getting married next weekend so we decided to throw her a Virtual Bridal Shower!
While trying to decide what to make for Steph I played around with a couple of ideas, but I knew that I wanted it to be something sweet, smooth, and chocolaty.
These cakes made the cut, and thank goodness that they did – they are freakin’ delicious!
It’s cake. It’s chocolate. It’s hot. It’s gooey. I wish I made more. I am still shocked that they survived a photo session.
Hot Chocolate Fudge Cakes
(inspired by My Recipes)
You will need:
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, chopped
- powdered sugar
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl cream the butter, then add in the sugar and brown sugar; beat until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and the vanilla and continue mixing until thoroughly combined.
- Fold the flour mixture into the sugar mixture, then fold in the chopped chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly among 8 4-ounce ramekins, cover and put in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Take out the ramekins from the fridge and let sit in room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops of the cakes are puffed up and crusty on top.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve while they are hot.
- If you like, serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream… nom nom nom!