Everyone loves peanut butter. I even know people with peanut allergies who are willing to risk it all for a good old-fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So what sets Peanut Butter & Co. peanut butter apart from the rest? Maybe that it contains no trans fat. Or maybe because it’s cholesterol free. Maybe it’s the fact that it contains all-natural ingredients, giving it that fresh, natural, taste. Maybe you just like the variety of different flavors that Peanut Butter & Co. offer. Or maybe it’s all of these reasons?
Established in 1998 by a young man, Lee Zalben, with a dream. That dream was peanut butter. Zalben, who was 26 at the time, rented out a vacant space near New York University and began his dream of running a gourmet peanut butter store. Peanut Butter & Co. prides itself on one thing, in which the company was built upon: Passion. Their passion for peanut butter and passion for healthy living have merged together to created ten different and delicious all-natural flavors.
- Smooth Operator: Natural peanut butter.
- Crunch Time: Natural peanut butter with great big pieces of chopped peanuts.
- Cinnamon Rasin Swirl: Peanut butter blended with cinnamon and raisins.
- White Chocolate Wonderful: Peanut Butter blended with sweet white chocolate.
- The Bee’s Knees: Peanut butter blended with scrumptious honey.
- Old Fashioned Smooth: 100% natural peanut butter.
- Mighty Maple: Peanut butter blended with yummy maple syrup.
- Old Fashioned Crunchy: 100% natural peanut butter with great big pieces of chopped peanuts.
- Dark Chocolate Dreams: Peanut butter blended with rich dark chocolate
- The Heat is On: Peanut butter blended with fiery spices
Of all the flavors, The Heat is On caught my eye first. This one definitely has a kick to it. If you enjoy spicy foods, it’s a great addition of flavor to pretty much anything. But if you’re stomach can’t handle much, but you’d like to give it a shot, try it with a stick of celery. It’ll cut most of the intensity.
One of the other flavors that stood out was White Chocolate Wonderful. It pretty much tasted like a peanut butter and Nutella sandwich, only you can take out the middle man. It was very rich flavor-wise.
The Dark Chocolate Dreams had a nice balance to it. It wasn’t too sweet, which made it great on banana or other fruits. The Bee’s Knees tasted great inside of a s’more.
Peanut butter enthusiasts out there will definitely need to run out a grab a jar. Or two. Or five.