With all the time you’ve spent collecting twigs for your Groot costume, you may not have had an opportunity to consider what you’re taking to the Halloween party you’re going to this weekend. Let me give you a step in the right direction: candy corn. Candy corn upon candy corn upon candy corn. Four different candy corn-flavored products melted and mashed together in a bar that will remind you that you don’t have to be a kid to enjoy Halloween.
Candy Corn Marshmallow Bars
(makes around 50 pieces)
- 9.45oz (1 bag) HERSHEY’S “snack size” Candy Corn Creme Bars
- 22oz (two 11oz bags) Candy Corn
- 12.5oz (most of a 14oz bag) Limited Edition! Kraft Jet-puffed Candy Corn Marshmallows 14oz Bag
- 16oz Betty Crocker Candy Corn Limited Edition Frosting
- Grease 9×13 glass dish. Pour one bag (11oz) candy corn into bottom of glass dish in a single layer.
- Open, unwrap, and chop up all the candy corn cream bars. In large glass bowl, melt chopped chocolate until almost melted.
- Add candy corn frosting (and crunchy topping) to large bowl and continued to microwave for 20 seconds or until frosting is soft and stirabble.
- Fold 12.5oz (the entire bag just wouldn’t fit in the bowl I was using) of candy corn marshmallows into the frosting/chocolate mixture until fully combined.
- Working quickly, drop and spread mallow mixture in glass dish over the candy corn. Even out mallows into a single-ish layer and give it a nice press down into the candy corn below it.
- Spread, in an even layer, the remaining bag (11oz) of candy corn atop the mallows and give those a nice press, so it all sticks together.
- Chill in fridge for 1 to 2 hours until bottom of pan is completely cool, cut in small pieces, and serve.
Not shockingly, these bars are sweet. Otters holding hands sweet. Tiny bunnies in teacups sweet. Baby kittens trying not to fall asleep sweet. You get the point, and I bet you are also getting the urge to make this recipe… and make this Halloween truly spooktacular.