Recipe: Gonna Want Seconds
Move over pumpkin-flavored ho-hum, Butterscotch S’more Blondies have arrived. These crispy, chewy, light and airy bars are what would happen if a blondie and a s’more had a baby, and then filled that baby to the top with butterscotch.
Add some chocolate chips and gooey marshmallows and they become absolutely irresistible. They are the perfect fall treat, with a warm color and s’more flavor, and only take 10 minutes to make. You could also use these as a vessel for any of your leftover Halloween candy.
I hear that’s a thing, “leftover candy,” though I’ve never witnessed it myself.
Butterscotch S’more Blondies
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Here’s How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 9 x 13-inch pan for baking. (Line with foil or parchment and spray with baking spray.)
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt together the butterscotch chips and butter, stirring constantly. Once mostly melted (it will not be completely smooth), set aside to cool.
- While the butterscotch mixture is cooling, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix the vanilla and eggs into the cooled butterscotch mixture (you can mix it right in the pan), stirring well. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Gently fold in mini marshmallows and chocolate chips, stirring just until combined.
- Spread batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. The edges should be lightly browned, but the center does not have to be completely set, the bars will firm up more once they cool.
[ Adapted from A Farmgirl’s Dabbles ]
I know, I know, I totally just used Birthday Cake Oreos to make truffles a couple of weeks ago, and here I am using them again. But what’s better than cake-flavored things? Cake-flavored things with cake-flavored things inside of them, that’s what. Plus, these Birthday Cake Oreos are only available for so long, so I have to pack in the recipes while I can.
I snagged the blondie recipe from Girl Meets Life, and I just threw in some extra goodness.
Birthday Cake Oreo Cake Batter Blondies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/4c canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2c milk
- 1/4c rainbow sprinkles
- 1/2c white chocolate chips
- 2 sleeves Birthday Cake Oreo Cookies, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix and sprinkles in a large bowl.
- Mix oil and egg, and then combine with cake mix.
- Add the milk slowly just until the batter is combined. You want it to remain as dense as possible, so you may not need to use the entire 1/2 cup of milk.
- Mix in white chocolate chips and chopped Oreo cookies.
- Spread batter in a greased 8×8 pan or your fabulously awesome Edge Brownie Pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or just until the edges turn golden.
- Let cool for 20 minutes.
You kind of under bake the middle of these suckers, so waiting until they have cooled before you cut them will help them stay together.
While I’d love to sit here and describe, in detail, the awesomeness of these blondies, there are still a couple left downstairs, so I’ve got somewhere to be.
I am really sad that Summer is getting closer and closer to coming to a close. These past few months have been the best time of my life. The weather has been bliss; not too hot, and not too chilly. Being surrounded by many friends and family often has left me feeling fulfilled. Sunsets at 9pm. Blooming flowers. Gorgeous green trees. Fig butter. Dog walks. Beautiful fruity, Summer treats.
Summer you are so beautiful. Just like these Berry Nut Blondies. 🙂
These Peanut Butter & Honey Banana Blondies look rich with flavor and texture, inspired by the iconic peanut butter, honey and banana sandwich. Talk about a convenient tradeoff; these blondies have all those goodies of the sandwich in a convenient bite size square! (Thx HealthyFoodForLiving)