Many bold souls have attempted to create the perfect all-bacon burger. While some put up an incredible effort (see: Slater’s Bacon ‘Merica Burger), they were still playing within the confines of a box. So, we here at Foodbeast were determined to create a truly 100% bacon burger — from the bacon-infused bun to the bacon-wrapped onion ring to the bacon-crusted egg to the actual ground bacon patty (whew). We’ve created a burger so epic, it’ll fill your bacon cravings for an entire lifetime.
Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve officially jumped the
shark pig and crafted the Truly 100% Everything Bacon Burger. Enjoy!
The 100% Everything Bacon Burger
- bacon (at least 5 pounds).
- bacon Bits
- mayo and Sriracha
- BBQ sauce
- 1 Onion
- 1 (or 2) slices of Pepperjack cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons warm milk
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups bread flour
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- bacon bits
- 1 bag of pork rinds
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
How To Make It
- Combine milk, water, sugar and yeast in a cup and let stand for a few minutes.
- In a mixer, combine flours, salt and butter. Mix with a spoon until the the butter is in small chunks.
- Add wet mixture from earlier, with a beaten egg, to the dry. Start the mixer on low for about 10 minutes.
- You should have a sticky wet blob of dough. Shape it into a ball and set it aside in a bowl, covered for a few hours. It needs to rise.
- After the nap you just took, your ball of dough should have doubled in size. Slice off a fraction of the dough (you can use the rest to make regular burger buns).
- Add some crushed pork rinds and a some bacon bits to the dough and start flattening it and pitching the ends back until it forms a ball. You can do the same with the rest of the dough (minus bacon and rinds). Set aside for another couple of hours.
- Beat an egg with about a tablespoon of water to make the egg wash. Coat your burger bun with the wash.
- Add a dusting of bacon bits to the top of your buns and throw it in the oven.
- At 400 degrees, bake your bun for about 15-20 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Add some crushed pork rinds after buns are ready.
- Crumble pepperjack into a ball along with bacon bits and flatten so the bacon mixes with the cheese.
- Take bacon and divide in half. Cut up one half of bacon into small chunks. Take the chunks and squeeze them until you can form a patty. Fry the bacon patties 5-10 minutes on both sides on medium-high heat, until crispy. Careful not to break the patty. Add the cheese slices to top of the patty so it melts.
- Cut onion into rings and wrap with uncooked bacon. Hold together with toothpick. Fry.
- Mix mayo and Sriracha together with some bacon bit pieces. Set aside
- Mix BBQ with bacon bit pieces and set aside.
- Separate egg whites from yolk and add bacon bits. Scramble egg whites with the bits and place on frying pan. Add yolk to whites and cook on medium-low heat.
- Fry up remaining strips of bacon.
- Stack your burger however you want. Garnish with strips of bacon both in and outside the burger.
Note: Drink plenty of water and have “9” and “1” pre-dialed on your phone while eating.