Categories
Hit-Or-Miss

Puppy’s Life Saved by ‘Seven or Eight Shots’ of Vodka

puppyvodka

We’ve all heard how chocolate is really bad for dogs (like, death-inducing bad), but you know what clear, liquid, technically-classified “poison” surprisingly isn’t? Vodka.

Last week, an American Staffordshire Terrier puppy named Cleo was rushed to the vet after ingesting some radiator fluid in a garage in Australia. At only 6.6-pounds, it didn’t take long for her to start swinging and swaying her way to kidney failure, but luckily, one of the nurses had a bottle of vodka stashed in her car, which vets used to nurse the poor puppy back to health.

Apparently the vodka, which was obviously being kept by the nurse for medical emergencies such as these, contained enough ethanol to stop the chemical reaction in the liver which causes kidney failure.

By the end of her treatment, Cleo was drip-fed about a third of the bottle, or in human terms, “seven or eight shots every four hours.” But the important part is that she survived. And was also quite possibly puppy-hammered.

H/T HuffPo + PicThx Puppy-i

By Dominique Zamora

Dominique would be a foodie if she had money to pay for food. For now, she gets by just looking at food photography, which results in at least one more starving journalism student every time Instagram breaks down.

Leave a Reply