Although this month may be National Peanut Butter month (and, a great month at that!), to me, November also means “Pumpkin”. So, go pumpkin crazy. I am.
With an oat crusted bottom, and a moist pumpkin spice center, it makes for a perfect addition or alternative for Thanksgiving dessert’s. I myself, had one for breakfast with a nice, big mug of Christmas Blend coffee. Oh, how I love the holidays.
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup whole grain flour
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds (you can switch it up!)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature (I used Earth Balance)
- 15oz canned organic pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 heaping tablespoon Pumpkin Spice