Photos by Katherine Baker
Pizza is arguably the most fun and delicious food on earth. But what if it could be made even more fun? #challengeaccepted
We transformed pizza into lil’ lollipops, perfect for your football party platter.
#SpoonTip: You don’t have to like football to like these.
And these babies come together in no time at all. All you need is some store-bought pizza dough, Hunt’s diced tomatoes in sauce (which are peeled using steam from simple hot water, instead of *chemicals), a little cheese and a whole lot of enthusiasm (#goyourteam). Pizza lollipops are sure to be an epic touchdown on your Super Bowl party spread, so get rolling.
Mini Pizza Roll Lollipops
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 10 pizza pops
- 1 lb premade or homemade pizza dough
- 1 cup Hunt’s diced tomatoes in sauce
- 1 clove garlic, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup toppings of your choice (such as pepperoni, bell peppers or olives)
1. Preheat oven to 400º F.
2. Roll out the pizza dough until it is approximately 10 inches x 14 inches (a little larger than a piece of printer paper).
3. In a blender or food processor, combine Hunt’s diced tomatoes in sauce, garlic, basil and oregano. Pulse until combined.
4. Spoon cheese over dough, leaving a one inch margin. Cover with cheese.
5. Add additional toppings. Fold over ends on both sides.
6. Roll into a long log (hot dog style, not hamburger).
7. Cut log into slices, about 1 inch in thickness.
8. Place slices onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
9. Remove from oven, and immediately stick with a clean lollipop stick or chopstick.
10. Serve and enjoy. Go team.
*Lye peeling is generally recognized as safe by the FDA and has no adverse effects on the healthfulness of tomatoes.