Categories
News

McDonalds: Recalls 12 Million Shrek Cups

This is not just a post for learning purposes but a personal note for our readers as well. A toxic metal was found in the Shrek themed cups called “cadmium”. Long term affects from research shows that cadmium is a known carcinogen that causes serious kidney problems and bone softening. The metal was found in the paint of the glasses. CPSC and McDonalds would not specify the exact amounts of cadmium in the cups, but CPSC spokesman said it was “slightly above the protective level currently being developed by the agency.” The recall is out of caution as opposed to immediate danger, but should not be taken lightly. Guess people are not going to be able to use that Puss in Boots cup again…dang!

By Kiera Wright-Ruiz

Writer. Photographer. Cook. Not afraid of trans fat. Kiera lives for the things that inspire her to write -- food is one of them. She has a much greater appetite than just for good grammar. Her writing experience includes time at the Independent Florida Alligator, HOME Magazine and Foodbeast. She is currently pursuing a Bachelor's in journalism.

Leave a Reply