When Popeyes launched their premium chicken sandwich, the item became a viral sensation with cars piling up at drive-thrus and customers buying out sandwiches for weeks at a time. Chicken sandwich lovers have wondered since, when and how fried chicken giant Kentucky Fried Chicken would respond to this item.
It looks like fans will have to wonder no longer, as KFC is now testing their own Premium Chicken Sandwich.
At select locations in Florida, KFC is offering a new sandwich item that’s been touted as their best sandwich yet.
The new sandwich boasts a double-breaded extra crispy chicken filet that’s 20 percent bigger than the Original Colonel Chicken Sandwich. In comparison, the premium is laden with crispier and thicker pickles, the Colonel’s real mayo, and served on a brioche bun. You can get the sandwich in both classic or spicy, depending on your affinity for heat.
Front line workers in Florida will be getting a first taste of this sandwich via delivery in the days to come. Customers who are eager to try this new menu offering can find them at the following locations:
- 16800 W. New Hwy 441, Mount Dora, FL, 32757
- 6217 International Rd., Orlando, FL, 32819
- 502 S Alafaya Trail, Orlando, FL, 32828
- 5200 S John Young Parkway, Orlando, FL, 32839
- 4466 Pleasant Hill Road, Poinciana, FL, 34758
- 3601 S. Orlando Dr.Sanford, FL, 32773
- 2882 N Hiawassee Rd, Orlando, FL, 32818
- 1130 W. Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL, 34741
- 5780 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL, 32821
- 11302 S Orange Blossom Trl, Orlando, FL, 32837
- 510 U.S. Hwy 27, Clermont, FL, 34714
- 5680 W US Highway 192, Kissimmee, FL, 34746
- 4250 Aloma Ave., Winter Park, FL, 32792
- 10825 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL, 32817
- 3009 W Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL, 32808
While only available in Florida for the time being, we can easily expect to see this item make a national release sometime in the near future.