We all know that the day it opens, many of us will be lined up at movie theaters across the country, waiting to see the second installment of Ron Burgundy with Scotch in hand (or previously consumed). To get you ready for your big night, the guys and gals over at Great Ideas have teamed up to create the Ron Burgundy. Yes, it’s got plenty of Scotch, and it might just be your new favorite
Let us know if you would make this for movie night, and whether the name lives up to the legend that inspired it.
The Ron Burgundy
What You Need
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 oz. Scotch (i.e. Famous Grouse)
- ½ oz. fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 dashes peach bitters
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Orange or lemon peel, for garnish
How to Make It
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar and 1 cup water. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a shaker with ice, combine the Scotch, lemon and grapefruit juices, ½ oz. brown sugar simple syrup, and bitters. Shake vigorously and strain into a short glass with large ice. Garnish with an orange peel. (Leftover brown sugar syrup can be stored in a jar to use in future cocktails.)
Recipe from People Great Ideas Channel