Sometimes the universe comes together in perfect harmony and combines two guilty pleasures into the ultimate decadent creation. Booze and desserts are always a good idea but combining them into a single entity? You’re tempting fate my friend, but I’ll totally allow it.
Think your granny’s famous pecan pie but in miniature form and way more fun, you know, because of the booze. With the addition of Maker’s Mark, the pecan tart is enhanced with additional notes of caramel, vanilla and molasses from this sweet bourbon. Best served with a hot cup of coffee, we’re guessing it would also pair well with Maker’s Mark served neat.
Makers Mark Pecan Tart
Pecan Filling Ingredients
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2/3 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Makers Mark Bourbon
- 1/2 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 cups Pecan Halves
- In saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, whiskey and butter.
- Bring to a boil, then let cool until lukewarm.
- Beat in eggs then remaining ingredients.
- Fill tart shell and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 50 minutes.
Pie Crust Ingredients
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 tea Salt
- 2/3 cup Butter, cold
- 4 to 5 tablespoons Cold Water
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender, fork or using your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in enough water just until flour is moistened. Shape dough into a ball, flatten slightly. Wrap in plastic food wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Roll out into a 12-inch circle. Using a rolling pin as an aid, place the dough into a 9-inch pie pan, unroll, pressing firmly against bottom and sides.
- Trim, seal and crimp or flute edge. Prick crust all over with a fork before baking.