Nothing beats a hearty bowl of noodles, especially as winter is coming to a close. March is the official month for noodles and in honor of that, we have a recipe from celebrity chef Jet Tila for some drool-worthy Khao Soi Curry Noodles. So first, get an eyeful of all that deliciousness pictured above and get started.
Khao Soi Northern Curry Noodles
- 2 tbsp. yellow curry paste
- 2 tbsp. red curry paste
- 2 Kaffir Lime Leave (fine chiffonade)
- 4 cups coconut milk
- ½ cup demi-glace or rich beef stock
- 1 lbs. beef tenderloin (sliced finger width, about 2’’ long)
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. tamarind paste
- ½ lbs. fresh flat noodles (boiled, rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup Chinese pickled mustard greens (drained and thinly sliced)
- ½ cup shallots (peeled, small diced)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 cilantro leaves
How to Make It
- Heat 3 tbsp of coconut milk in a saucepan to medium and stir curry pastes and lime leaves in.
- Stir fry for a minute until the paste begins to brown and thicken.
- Stir in remaining coconut milk into curry paste.
- Turn heat up until mixture boils.
- Let boil for 5-10 minutes or until it reduces about 1/4.
- Reduce heat and let simmer. Add demi-glance, fish sauce, tamarind and sugar.
- Make sure to taste and adjust accordingly.
- Add beef filet right before serving.
- Separate noodles into bowls and ladle broth over each bowl.
- Garnish with mustard greens, shallots, scallions and cilantro.
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Jet Tila