So, for all you avocado lovers out there, we bring you Avocado Coconut Pie. The recipe features avocados and coconut puréed into a creamy pie dream topped with whipped cream. We’ll let you contemplate that for a moment. Take you time.
Avocado Coconut Pie
Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (.25-oz.) envelop gelatin
- 3 avocados from Mexico, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 (8-in.) graham cracker pie crust
- 1 cup whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1 cup toasted sweetened shredded coconut
How to Make It:
- In small saucepan, heat coconut milk, sugar and gelatin, whisking until gelatin is melted; do not boil. Remove from heat; cool.
- In food processor, purée avocados, coconut milk mixture, lime juice and coconut extract until smooth. Pour avocado mixture into pie crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap placed directly onto surface of filling; chill at least 4 hours.
- Serve pie the same day, cut into 8 wedges; garnish each wedge with 2 Tbsp. whipped cream and 2 Tbsp. toasted coco
Recipe Courtesy of Avocados from Mexico