Whenever it’s cold out, I crave things like chocolate and marshmallows, whether it’s in cocoa or s’more form. Problem is, not everyone has the option of making s’mores in the winter and “roasting” marshmallows over the stove just doesn’t cut it (not that I have to in Arizona, we roast marshmallows all year long!) Luckily, these S’more Cookies are a delightful way to get your fix.
The graham crackers are baked right into the cookie, and how cute are those little Hershey’s bars and marshmallow pieces sticking out? I swear I could die. I think these will make a great addition to my cookie boxes this year.
[ Printable Recipe ]
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (7-8 crackers)
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks (6 oz) unsalted buter
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi0sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 Hershey’s bars, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
1. If necessary, crumble 8 graham crackers in a food processor. Measure 1 cup of crumbs and set aside.
2. Whisk graham crumbs, flour, baking soda, an salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Drop tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 10 minutes, until set. Remove from oven and quickly push a few marshmallows and pieces of Hershey’s bar into the top of each cookie.
5. Return cookies to the oven to finish baking, about 2 t0 3 more minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
[ adapted from cookie madness ]