Because regular butter wasn’t epic enough, Harley of Epic Meal Time came up with a recipe for Oysters Rockefeller with Custom Bacon Bit Butter that would make any foodie weak in the knees. Combining the core ingredients of delicious (bacon, butter, cheese and salt), the Oysters Rockefeller shouldn’t be limited to special occasions only. Especially if it looks that good.
Check out Epic Meal Time’s tutorial below and a quick ‘how to’ for the recipe. In the mean time, we’ll be checking on our oysters…
Oysters Rockefeller with Custom Bacon Butter and Dorito Paste
- 12 Oysters
- 1 cup of Doritos
- 5 cups of heavy cream (whipping)
- 1 pack of bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 cups of ice water
- 1 hand blender or food processor
- baking sheet
- oyster shucker
- frying pan
- mixing bowl
- plastic wrap
- crushing apparatus
- pestle and mortar
To Make It
- Cut the bacon into bits and start frying them. Cook until crispy and save the grease (THIS IS CRUCIAL).
- Put heavy cream in a mixing bowl and whisk with blender for 30 seconds. Throw bacon and grease inside bowl and whisk for 6 minutes. The cream should separate from the fat. Separate the liquid from the butter.
- Add 1 cup of ice water to the cream and mix it with a spoon. Rinse the milky water from the butter and repeat until the ice water you add is clear.
- Once the butter is harder and you can mold it, throw it onto a baking sheet. Wrap the butter into a cylinder and tighten the ends. Put it in your fridge for either a few hours or overnight if possible.
- Use the shucker to carefully expose the meat. I can’t express how carefully this should be done. Set aside.
- Crush your Doritos as fine as possible.
- Sauté garlic and onions in a pan with 2 tablespoons of bacon butter until they’re translucent. Turn off heat.
- Add the Doritos powder (should be fine) to the sauté. Should look like a paste.
- Spoon a spoonful of the Doritos paste on each oyster.
- Add a thin slice of bacon butter on top of the Doritos paste which is on top of the oysters. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese.
- Throw a generous amount of kosher salt onto a baking pan and put the oysters on top. Bake in the oven at 450 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a bit, then eat.
H/T Epic Meal Time