Beloved animated TV show Bob’s Burgers received the red carpet treatment for its big screen debut last night. To celebrate the release, Disney partnered with plant-based behemoth Impossible Foods on a custom burger called the “Get This Plant Patty Started.”
Lucky attendees to the Hollywood premiere at the legendary El Capitan Theatre had a chance to take a bite out of the custom creation along the red carpet before enjoying some laughs.
Thankfully, those who couldn’t pull up to the premiere will get a shot at the burger’s deliciousness. A limited-time Bob’s Burgers popup at Disney Springs AMC Theater in Orlando, FL opens the weekend of May 27 to May 29.
Lastly, to ensure no burger lover is left behind, Disney and Impossible Foods wanted to share the special recipe they created. That way, you can make your very own from the comfort of your home.
- For the Sauce:
- 1 Cup Vegan Mayo
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Pepperoncini
- 2 Tablespoons Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons Dill Pickle Relish
- For the Patties:
- 12 oz Package Impossible Burger
- Salt & Pepper
- 3 Slices Dairy-Free American Cheese
- For the Assembly:
- 3 Vegan Buns (e.g. Potato Rolls)
- 3 Leaves Butter Lettuce
- 6 Slices Tomato
- 6 Onion Slices
- Dill Pickle Chips
- Make the sauce: Alriiiight, first mince the pepperoncini and combine with mayo, ketchup, sriracha, and dill pickle relish.
- Cook the patties: Divide Impossible Burger into 3 equal-sized patties. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side. While the patties are cooking, allow yourself a classic Linda Belcher song break. Add a slice of cheese on top and cover until the cheese has melted.
- Build the burger: Lightly toast the burger buns, and then add a layer of the sauce. Top with the patty, lettuce, tomato, onion, and dill pickle chips. Forecast calls for fabulous burgers
- Serve, share, and get this patty started! In the words of Linda, “so fricken excited!”
The Bob’s Burgers Movie releases this month on May 27th. If I were you, I’d make a couple of these burgers and sneak them in.