Why mess with a good thing? I’ll tell you why: because you can turn it into a great thing! Here’s a better question: Why settle for merely good?
Cookies in general are good, but pulverizing them, mixing them with cream cheese and coating them in chocolate = GREAT!
This time around I used Chips Ahoy! Real Chocolate Chips Cookies (original). I was hoping the truffles would remain the same color as the cookie in its intact form, but upon crushing and cream cheesing, the chocolate chips darkened the entire mix. Meh, still tasted flippin’ fantastic.
Chips Ahoy! Truffles
– 1pkg (15.25oz) Chips Ahoy! Original Cookies
– 8oz cream cheese, softened
– chocolate baking bark
1. Decimate the cookies in the food processor.
2. Add cream cheese to cookie crumbs and process until combined.
3. Scoop into balls (2t in size). Chill in freezer for a few minutes.
4. Melt your baking bark and coat those truffles.
5. Return to freezer to set.
While these were awesome off the break, the longer you let them sit, the better they tasted. So try not to eat them all the same day you make them. Or power through them and take my word for it; I won’t judge.