How did I spend my Friday night? Sitting on the floor of my pantry surrounded by open jars of various butters and spreads. Armed with a Frito in one hand and a Cheeto in the other, I dug in to each jar, hoping to find a combination that would speak to me. Shameful? Maybe. Successful? Yes!
Cheetos Cookie Butter Truffles
- 6oz. cookie butter (I used Biscoff spread. We recently got a Trader Joe’s in Boulder. Haven’t tried their cookie butter yet, but I’m sure it would work just as well. )
- 3oz. Cheetos
- 2T heavy whipping cream
- white chocolate baking bark
- Pulse Cheetos in food processor until they become a fine crumb.
- Warm cookie butter in microwave until it’s easily stirrable (15-20 seconds). Stir in heavy whipping cream and crushed Cheetos. Chill in fridge until scoopable (maybe 20 minutes).
- Scoop into balls with your 2 t cookie scoop and keep chilled in fridge until ready to coat. (Makes around 24 truffles, give or take some thorough taste testing).
- Melt white chocolate baking bark in the microwave and coat your truffles.
- Return truffles to fridge to set and then, my friend, be prepared for awesomeness.
Though you may not think so, cookie butter and Cheetos go together like… well, cookie butter and Cheetos. Enjoy!