Carandini, one of Modena, Italy’s oldest brands of vinegar, is now available at Whole Foods Markets nationwide. Hand-crafted using old-world methods and passed down through generations since 1941, Carandini’s selection of balsamic vinegars are as authentic as they come.
Each signature offering is produced in Modena, Italy, a city located in a region where they invented the true traditional balsamic vinegar making way. They take authenticity seriously there, requiring approval from a regulatory body called the Consortium for the Protection of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Guaranteed quality is an understatement.
In their first stateside showing, Carandini delivers all the zest and brings us three artisanal premium products to enjoy:
Emilio Silver Balsamic Vinegar of Modena PGI – $10.99 MSRP
- A premier high-density Balsamic Vinegar of Modena that contains 60% grape must and strikes a balance between sweet and sour. Exuding a mahogany color and rich perfume, the versatile ingredient pairs well with both sweet and savory dishes. Emilio Silver is an excellent companion for vegetables, meat, cheese, fish, ice cream, fruit, and more.
● Bianca Sweet White Vinegar – $10.99 MSRP
- Delicate and floral, this sweet white vinegar contains 80% grape must and can be used in dishes that require the preservation of the food’s natural colors. The high-density Bianca can be used to dress a variety of meals, as a base for vinaigrettes added to beef and fish tartare, savoy cabbage, and an array of fruits and vegetables.
● Italian Cheese Dressing with Sweet White Vinegar & Parmigiano Reggiano PDO – $5.99 MSRP
- An innovative product that pairs two of Italy’s most noted ingredients — Parmigiano Reggiano PDO and sweet white vinegar — to make the ultimate flavor profile and reinvent the rules within the kitchen. Endorsed by the prestigious Parmigiano Reggiano Consortium, this dressing is a Carandini-patented recipe that celebrates the excellence of the Emilia-Romagna region. It pairs well with salad, French fries, risotto, fish, and more.
The highlight of authentic balsamic vinegar begins in its roots. Choosing specific varieties of grapes, at peak ripeness. Crushing and then combining them with an exclusive wine vinegar recipe to set the tone. It’s then followed with a maturation process that uses wooden barrels in a controlled environment. The attention to detail makes all the difference, it also secures a prestigious Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) for the Carandini brand.
To learn more about the Carandini story, visit their website. To bring an authentic Modena, Italy experience home, visit your local Whole Foods Market.