Are you just about ready for some football? I know the big game is a week away, but I’m sure you are already trolling the Internet looking for the perfect Super Bowl party appetizer. Well, look no more my friend; I have just what you need: Buffalo Chicken Dip Truffles. It has all the qualities of the awesome dip you know and love, but now it’s portable, mess-free, and covered in chocolate!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Truffles
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4c Ranch dressing
- 1/4c hot sauce (I used Frank’s recipe and hot sauce.)
- 1/4c shredded cheddar cheese
- 12.5oz canned white meat chicken in water, drained
- white chocolate bark
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cream cheese, dressing, hot sauce and cheese. Stir in chicken.
- Bake 20 min. and refrigerate until cold.
- Scoop into 2t balls and put in freezer to harden.
- Melt baking bark, coat chicken dip, and put in fridge to set.
I think if you come at this truffle with the knowledge that it is buffalo chicken dip coated in chocolate, you will be pleasantly surprised. The bark creates a lovely little carrying case for the dip if you aren’t a chip kinda dude. Or, if you are, the truffles nestle snugly into a Tostitos Scoop for a fabulously high dip-to-chip ratio.
I say go for it. Yours will certainly be the most talked about appetizer of the evening.