If you know what I’m talking about when I say Star Crunch, I can guarantee that you are now filled with nostalgia and hunger. If you aren’t familiar with Star Crunch cookies, I beg you to read on and please do NOT look up the definition on Urban Dictionary or you may never consume a Little Debbie Snack again. Yikes.
This is how Little Debbie describes Star Crunch® Cosmic Snacks: A chewy cookie topped with caramel and crisp rice then covered in a layer of fudge. What’s not to like?!?
If you are familiar with Oreo truffles, this is basically the same concept…only more awesome because that’s how I roll:
Star Crunch Truffles
(makes about 25 truffles)
– 1 box Star Crunch cookies
– 4oz cream cheese, softened
– Chocolate baking bark
1. Freeze the cookies for like 30 minutes.
2. Unwrap and break up the cookies by hand and then freeze some more (20 minutes?).
3. Pulverize the cookies in a food processor and then add the softened cream cheese to the mix.
4. Pull out your trusty 2t cookie scoop and set those truffles on a wax paper-covered cookie sheet.
5. Throw them back in the freezer to harden (another 20 minutes).
6. Melt the baking bark, dip the balls and then back in the freezer again until hard. (That’s what she said?)
I can tell you from experience that taking the time to freeze the cookies is necessary. At room temperature they turn more into clumps than crumbs.
So you know how Star Crunch cookies can be a little tough to chew? Not anymore! The cream cheese and cosmic cookie crumbs combo creates a smooth and creamy truffle that is easy to sink your teeth into.
For more out of this world recipes, visit The Cereal Baker.