So Thanksgiving is over. The gravy boat is put away until next year, the mashed potato bowl is soaking in the sink, and there’s still a good amount of pie sitting on your counter. Sure, you could eat it for breakfast for the next couple of days, or you could repurpose that pie by pureeing it and adding it to your favorite brownie recipe.
In this instance, my brownies were just from the box, and I add in half of a pecan pie and some bourbon just because. But I’ve keep the recipe generic as you can use any flavor you want, or maybe even multiple flavors if you are feeling really adventurous:
Leftover Pie Brownies
- Leftover pie (1/2 of a pecan pie)
- Favorite brownie recipe (mine’s the box)
- Mix-ins (3T of bourbon for me)
- Puree pie in food processor until it resembles a paste or fine crumb (depending on what kind of pie you use).
- Fold mix-ins into your pie puree.
- Mix up brownie batter according to recipe, and spread into greased Edge brownie pan (or other appropriately-sized pan.
- Drop pureed pie in dollops into the brownie batter and use a knife or spoon to swirl it in a bit.
- Bake as directed, let cool, cut, and serve.
I’d love to know what combinations others come up with. It’s all up to your imagination and what you have on hand. In other words, the pie’s the limit!