Any Foodbeast readers celebrating 4:20 on Friday? If you are, here’s my easy no-bake recipe for Banana Slug Buddies that’ll have you munching all day long.
Marijuana has been proven not to contain any addictive substance, but this crunchy, sweet, salty, treat may be. Blame it on the chocolate and peanut butter! Remember marijuana is a controlled substance, make sure you observe your state’s guidelines. With that said, let’s get get groovy!
Banana Slug Buddies
- 6 cups of any variety of Chex or Crispex Cereal
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- 3/4 cup of semi sweet
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Canna Butter (recipe as follows)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, measure cereal and banana chips. Set aside.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, microwave chocolate and peanut butter until melted. Check every 30 seconds.
- Stir in vanilla and melted or room temperature Canna Butter. Do not microwave Canna Butter!
- Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and stir until coated. Place contents in a large Ziplock bag.
- Add powdered sugar to the bag and shack vigorously until evenly coated.
Divide into 6 – 8 servings. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for lasting freshness!
Banana Slug’s Fail Proof Canna Butter
- 1 oz of cannabis medicine (trim, shake, or bud)
- 1 lb. of unsalted butter
- Cheese cloth
- Mesh strainer
- Grind your medicine as finely as possible with a food processor or hand grinder if you’re up for a challenge!
- Combine your medicine and butter in the crockpot. Set it on low, the crockpot should remain stable between 200 degrees and 220 degrees fahrenheit for best extraction.
- Stir until butter is melted and incorporated with your medicine. Cover with a lid, and walk away for 8 hours. (Play video games, go to bed, or do what you do)
- After 8 hours, turn off your crockpot and strain your butter mixture through a cheese cloth over a mesh strainer. Make sure to give it a good squeeze!Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for up to 4 months. Recipe can be halved.